Tuesday, June 7, 2011

day 20 "concerts you have attended"

OOH I LIKE THIS ONE! I get to bragdiscuss my experiences!!

Jingle Ball '07: This was my first concert, but it was pretty forgettable, considering the biggest performance (for me) was Avril Lavigne. Timbaland was there but he mostly talked about his vacationing in Florida, if I remember correctly. And I don't remember who else.. Jordin Sparks?

Jingle Ball '08: Lady Gaga came to this one, right around the time "Just Dance" got big. I look back on that one regretfully...wasn't really into it. I believed she was lipsyncing and thought her dance routine was too...weird. Little did I know I was in the presence of greatness. I don't think her "little monsters" were there...I don't even know if they existed then. Chris Brown was the special guest and when he came on with his then-unbeaten-girlfriend Rihanna it was amazeballs. ....whaaat a dick. There was also T.I., Boys Like Girls, annoying Shontelle, and David Archuleta.

Jingle Ball '09: Not only did this one fall on my 16th birthday, but it was probably the best one I'd been to. NOT THAT I LIKED IT, but it was cool to see the ridiculous reaction that Justin Beiber got when he came on stage. I feel like that's a good experience...for funny stories when I'm older. 3Oh!3 was there,  Colbie Caillat, Pitbull, Boys Like Girls (...again...), Jay Sean, and Owl City, WHO I LOVED.

Green Day: This was an amazing concert. Great energy (everyone in the audience was either high...or high) and besides the awkward "sex noises" rendition (my mother and Erin were in attendance) it was pretty thrilling. We had shitty seats, so not that thrilling, but amazing to hear those ROCKOUTWORTHY songs live. Ridiculous.











Paramore: My first standing up concert. It was definitely cool to be that close up, and it turns out they are amazing live too. The two opening acts sucked, and I remember we went to go sit down, it got so boring. Hayley Williams was great, except for being super spastic on stage. But overall, the best part of the concert was when some dude spilled his beer on Sonia. Pret-ty funny.


Bruno Mars: HOLY SHIT. I went into it feeling like it wouldn't be that memorable, but I came out of it crying like a psychotic fangirl. I had serious withdrawal symptoms when it ended and I'm not proud of how I behaved. Janelle Monae's opening was interesting...and then B.Mars came on stage and it was crazy. He was so good, and we were so close, and it was so sexy. I could literally see the sweat on his brow and when he walked over to our part of the stage, I practically died. You could tell he was really enjoying himself up there and he sounded so great and looked even better! Then when he came back on stage for the encore (which Green Day did epically, though I hate that word) he sang "Somewhere in Brooklyn" but changed it to "Somewhere in Minnesota" and I swooned like an idiot. But it was the best concert I've ever been to and hopefully not the last time I see him live.


2 comments:

sonia said...

heart flutters reading the bruno one. ohemgeeeeeeee sweat on brow :D <3 :( :!

Christina said...

Uggg I could have gone to Bruno Mars...why did I miss this opportunity?

Also Paramore would've rocked my socks off, undoubtedly.